Friday, June 5, 2009

moment----part-1-of-1

Best moment

.

.

I was walking into a store today and passed some dude. As he passes, he says, "Why don't you trim that fucking thing?" really loud. I have a large, bushy mustache. I'm talking Wilfred Brimley. I like a big ol' mustache and it's my face so I reply, "Why don't you mind your own fucking business?"

.
Shit. Of course this guy gets all ‘red-neck.’ I turn around and then I notice that he's got a boot camp buzz-cut, still sporting issue sunglasses and a ‘Marines’ t-shirt. He starts talking all kinds of shit about ‘disrespect.’

.
I shrug and start to walk away because I really don't give a damn.
.

Then he really got pissed off and sprinted past me, turned around, took off his shades and really got in my face. "I was in the Marines, you fucking (here's where I tuned out) blah-blah-blah-blah . . ."
.

The fact that I was a navy vet was none of his business so I replied, "I really don't give a shit."
.

You'd have thought I slapped his mamma. Really, what the fuck? I’d served my time in the military, I doubt if I’ll get re-called so why the hell should I groom myself to military standards? I am clean, I shower at least once a day using actual soap, I keep my hair cut short 'cause I'm balding (like Bruce Willis) and my clothes are clean. I don't stink or anything, so I don't see why this asshole has to have an issue, other than he is fucked in the head and has a chip on his shoulder about something.

.
I start to walk away and he's still hollering like his military service. I just gave an ‘I still don't give a shit’ wave of dismissal and went on about my business.
.

He had to have the last word, though. He gets in front of the door and proceeds to lecture my about the sacrifices of military personnel and how white trash like my family has never served the country (my great-great-grandfather and his 2-brothers were in the Texas army fighting Santa Ana, and someone in my family has been in every war since) blah-blah-blah. Then he says "How do you like your freedom that I fought for?"
.

I said, "What freedom?" sidestepped around him and went about my business and forgot about the loud mouth idiot.
.

Then a few days later I had one of the greatest moments of my life.

.
I am 25 and have been doing boxing and even dabbling a little in the martial arts as a hobby since high school. I have never been in a street fight nor have I ever done any competition in the ring, again because I like it as a hobby.

.
Last week when I was at the gym when a friend of mine told me about a ‘fight club’ that goes down at a bar. I was a little curious mostly because this friend who is telling me about it is a really hot girl who shouldn’t be boxing but for some reason is. To have the chance to see her outside the gym in a social setting, I couldn’t past this up.

.
I ask some of my friends to join me but in fear that they might be forced to fight just for being there, they left me to this adventure alone. That night I make my way to the location and walk into a hole in a wall type of bar. There were tons of people and as I squeeze my way into the bar. I down a quick shot of Jack Daniels and a Miller lite to calm my nerves. I order one more beer and follow a group of people to the back behind close doors that was obvious where the fights took place. There were also tons of people back there including a lot of hot looking females. I meet my friend from the gym and her friends. After watching a couple a good fights from both female and male fighters, I get the bug and wanted to give it a try. All the fights have been really sloppy so far as if they were a regular street fight. Thinking I could do better, I raise my hand and asked, “Can I be next?”

.
After the fight in progress ended in a brutal beat down, the man made circle split open like the Red Sea giving me an easy path to center stage. As I moved into the fight circle I looked down at the fresh blood stains from the past fighters and thought, “What have I gotten myself into?” Just then a mean looking guy with a buzz-cut that looked like he would scare his own grandma steps into the circle on the opposite side from me. He had some intimidating tattoos all over his upper body, was a bit heavier than me, and looked like he meant business. He was a bit shorter then me so I knew that I’d have to work that to my advantage.

.

As he turned towards me, I realized that he was the jackass with the Marine t-shirt from before.

.
The ‘ring leader’ approached us and quickly ran through the rules; no crotch shots, no small limb submissions, and fights only stop when one quits or is knocked out. He asked for our names and introduced us to the hungry fans ready to see a blood bath.

.
As soon as the fights started I approach him and he tried to give me a heavy right hook. I easily duck under his punch and countered with a 4-hit combination that left him stunned. When I ducked under his punch the people all around were amazed, because every fight at the bar up until now had been really sloppy. No one was fighting with proper skill or technique. Unfortunately for my opponent he quickly realized that he did not have the skills to do any kind of damage to me. I also realized that I’ve greatly under-estimated my fighting skills for years. And I discovered that I liked the feel of my body bobbing and weaving, as it moved like a well-oiled machine. The feel of my appoint’s punches on my forearms as I blocked them and lashed out with punches of my own as my bare knuckles connected with my opponent’s body. .

.
I was quickly giving the public such a good show that they eventually started chanting my name. I have no words to describe that feeling. There were at least a hundred pair of eyes on me, that including the girl from my gym and her friends who I wanted to impress but also all the other hot girls that were there. I felt no pain but pure adrenalin rush. They kept chanting my name, they wanted me to finish him off, and so I gave them what they wanted. I ended up cornering him and worked his body for a few punches. Then I knock him out with a one two to the jaw. As I raised my fist in victory, all the yelling, screaming, and cheering washed over me like waves on the beach.

.
As I was trying to snake my way through the crowds of people towards the bar for a much-needed drink, people were congratulating me and giving me money as a ‘tip.’ I had been the underdog and wasn’t expected to win because my opponent looked like he would kill me. So everyone who placed a bet for me to win, had won a lot of money. As was the custom among gamblers, some were sharing the wealth.

.
I had a great fight, made some money and made some new friends because of my great fight. When it was over, I felt as if I’d just had some great hot fucking sweaty sex. Which to be quite honest would have been a good way to end the night, with some sex that is. But it turned out that the hot girl from my gym was a lesbian. I don’t know why didn’t put two and two together before but she is so fucking hot I guess I was in denial.
.

Anyways, that was my moment...

No comments: