Tuesday, July 15, 2008

self-adminstered----part-1-of-1

Self-Administered Anger Management
.

.

When you occasionally have a really bad day, and you just need to take ‘It’ out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don't know.

.
I was sitting at my desk when I remembered a phone call I'd forgotten to make. I found the number and dialed it.
.
A man answered, saying, “Hello.”
.
I politely said, “This is Charles. Could I please speak with Robyn Carter?”
.
Suddenly a manic voice yelled out in my ear “Get the right fucking number!” and the phone was slammed down on me.
.
I couldn't believe that anyone could be so rude. When I tracked down Robyn's correct number to call her, I found that I had accidentally transposed the last two digits.
.
After hanging up with her, I decided to call the 'wrong' number again.
.
When the same guy answered the phone, I yelled, “You're an asshole!” and hung up.
.
I wrote his number down with the word 'asshole' next to it, and put it in my desk drawer. After that, every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really bad day, or whatever, I'd call him up and yell, “You're an asshole!”
.
It always cheered me up.
.
When Caller ID was introduced, I thought my therapeutic 'asshole' calling would have to stop. So, I called his number and said, “Hi, this is John Smith from the telephone company. I'm calling to see if you're familiar with our Caller ID Program?”
.
In his typical fashion, he rudely screamed, “NO!’ and slammed the phone down in my ear.
.
I quickly called him back and said, “That's because you're an asshole!” and hung up before he could respond.
.
One day I was at the mall, I was getting ready to pull into a parking spot, when some guy in a black BMW cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I'd been waiting for that spot, but the idiot ignored me. As he callously got out and walked away, I noticed a "FOR SALE" sign in his back window, so I wrote down his number.
.
A couple of days later, right after calling the first asshole (I had his number on speed dial,) I thought that I'd better call the BMW asshole, too.
.
I said, “Is this the man with the black BMW for sale?”
.
”Yes, it is,” he replied.
.
I asked, “Can you tell me where I can see it?”
.
He said, ”Yes, I live at 34 Oak Tree Blvd, in Plano, and the car's parked right out in front.”
.
”What's your name?” I asked.
.
He said, “My name is Don Hansen.”

.
I asked, “When's a good time to catch you, Don?”
.

“Oh, I'm home every evening after five,” he explained.
.

I innocently said, “Listen, Don, can I tell you something?”
.
He said, “'Yes?”
.
I said, “Don, you're an asshole!”
.
Then I hung up, and added this number to my speed dial, too.
.
Now, whenever I had a problem or was feeling down in the dumps, I had two assholes to call.
.
Then I came up with an idea.
.
I called asshole #1.
.
He said, “Hello.”
.
As usual I said, “You're an asshole!” but this time I didn't hang up.
.

After a short pause, he asked, “Are you still there?”
.

I said, “Oh yeah, I’m still here.”

.
He screamed, “Stop calling me!!!!!!!!”
.
With a laugh, I said, “Make me.”

.
”Who are you?” he demands angrily.
.

I said, “My name is Don Hansen.”
.

He said, 'Yeah? Where do you live, Don Hansen?”
.
I said, “Asshole, I live at 34 Oak Tree Blvd, in Plano. You can’t miss it, I have a Black Beamer parked in front.”
.
”I'm coming over right now, Don. And you had better start saying your prayers,” he snarled.
.
”Oh yeah, like I'm really scared, asshole like you,” and then I hung up.
.
Then I called Asshole #2.
.

He said, “Hello?”
.

I said, “Hello, asshole.”
.

Almost hysterically he screamed, “If I ever find out who you are...”
.

I laughed, “You'll what?”
.
”I'll kick your frigging ass, you son-of-a- bitch!”

.

“Well, asshole, here's your chance. I'm coming over right now,” I told him.
.
Then I hung up and immediately called the police, saying that I lived at 34 Oak Tree Blvd, in Plano, and that I was on my way home to kill my gay lover.
.
Then I called Channel 8 News about the gang war going down on Oak Tree Blvd. in Plano.
.
Then I quickly got into my car and headed over to Plano.
.
I got there just in time to watch two assholes beating the crap out of each other in front of six cop cars, an overhead news helicopter and surrounded by a news crew.
.
NOW I feel much better.

.
Anger management really does work.

.

.

The end…

.

.

No comments: