Saturday, March 28, 2009

guy from Texas moves

.
.
A young guy from Texas moves to California and goes to a big department store looking for a job.
.

The manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"
.

The kid says, "Yeah, I was a salesman back home in Texas."
.

Well, the boss liked the kid, so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."
.

His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down.
.

"How many sales did you make today?"
.

The kid says, "One."
.

The boss says, "Just one? Our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale for?"
.

Kid says, "$101,237.64."
.

Boss says, "$101,237.64? What did you sell him?"
.

Kid says, "First I sold him a small fish hook... Then I sold him a medium fish hook...Then I sold him a larger fish hook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod.
.
Then I asked him where he was going fishing,.. and he said down at the coast,.. so I told him he was gonna need a boat,.. so we went down to the boat department, and I sold him that twin engine Chris Craft.
.
Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it,.. so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4X4 Blazer."
.
The boss said, "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and truck?"
.

Kid says, "No, he came in here to buy a box of tampons for his wife, and I said,..."Well, since your weekend's shot, you might as well go fishing."
.
.

No comments: